Nate Parker talks growing up in VA and Financing an Insurrection
from Instagram: http://ift.tt/1RGpLSQ
The 2016 Sundance Film Festival kicks off later this month. And as it usually does leading up to the festival each year, Sundance has begun releasing its “Meet the Artist” series of videos which feature the filmmakers whose films will be premiering in competition at the festival. Nate Parker talks about the inspiration for his film “The Birth of a Nation” as well as his struggles in trying to get the film financed, which premieres in the U.S. Dramatic Competition section. The actor wrote, directed and also stars in the film, playing Nat Turner.
The official synopsis reads: Set against the antebellum South, this story follows Nat Turner, a literate slave and preacher, whose financially strained owner, Samuel Turner, accepts an offer to use Nat’s preaching to subdue unruly slaves. After witnessing countless atrocities against fellow slaves, Nat devises a plan to lead his people to freedom.
Also starring Armie Hammer, Aja Naomi King, Jackie Earle Haley, Gabrielle Union, and Mark Boone Jr.
Please Enter Youtube ID or Youtube URL as[youtube videoid='XXXXX']
- What has #Oscarssowhite taught Black Hollywood?
- Spike Lee Voices his Frustration・・・ #OscarsSoWhite… Again.
- Invisible Women: Being A Black Woman In Corporate America NOV 2016 TEASER
- If you enjoy Black Hollywood support us on Patreon.
- Dreezy – Close To You ft. T-Pain
- Ava Duvernay Calls Out the Film Industry’s Lack of Diversity