‘Waiting To Exhale’ Sequel in the Works, Loretta Devine Says
A sequel has long been in development, but after the death of two of the film’s stars – Gregory Hines, who played Devine’s love interest, in 2003, and Whitney Houston in 2012 – things fell apart.
“Well, you know everything happened so quickly,” Devine said. “Because Gregory passed and then Whitney passes – like you can’t start a movie with two funerals – and so they were, like, the key characters.”
“Waiting To Exhale” is based on author Terry McMillan’s novel of the same name. It centered on four African-American women from different backgrounds as they navigated relationships with men. “Exhale” also stars Angela Bassett and Lela Rochon.
McMillan told Sister 2 Sister that she didn’t believe a follow-up would happen, citing Houston’s death as the reason. But Devine says she thinks the author is “still trying to make it happen.”
The sequel to the 1995 hit film Waiting To Exhale is in production. Loretta Devine, one of the original stars of the film, visited Hollywood Today Live Thursday and told the show hosts that a follow-up is being written.
- Yvonne Orji On Being a Virgin at 32, Dating + Playing Molly On ‘Insecure’
- X-Men: Apocalypse | Final Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX
- Will Smith visits Dubai Suicide Squad
- Will Smith and Naomie Harris Talk Collateral Beauty & Will’s New Perspective on Oscar Season
- Wild In The Wind | Full Movie | Directed and Written by Ejiro Okorodudu
- WHEN THE BOUGH BREAKS – Official Trailer (HD)
- What has #Oscarssowhite taught Black Hollywood?
- What Gwen Ifill taught us – Tribute Video
- What do you think about the Fences TV Trailer? Best Ensemble?
- Wendell Pierce Devastated After Losing His Home In Louisiana Floods
- Watch the Music Video for Kanye West – Wolves
- Watch Preview of ‘Luther’ Parody
- Watch President Barack Obama Full Speech At The DNC 2016
- Watch it now! Atlanta Full Episode 1 Premiere #AtlantaFX
- Walk | ATLANTA a New FX Original Series
- Wake Up | Atlanta Season 1 Promo | FX